Greetings of the Day!!
University Institute Of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh is organizing a video making cum awareness competition, “Light, Camera, Action” to celebrate the Human Rights Day under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar (Chief Patron), Vice Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
We have extended the dates for the submission. Previously, it was December 25, 2020 which is now being extended to January 15, 2021.
All the relevant details are stated as follows:
ABOUT PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 133 years of its long service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has been accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four-point scale at A Grade valid for 5 years from 25/06/2015. It ranked 1st among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015. It ranked number one University in India and the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters. It was ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counseling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counseling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in co-ordination with practicing lawyers.
ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS DAY
Human Rights Day is observed every year on December 10- the day the United Nations General Assembly adopted, in 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). The UDHR is a milestone document that proclaims the inalienable rights to which everyone is entitled to as a human being regardless of race, color, religion, sex, language, political or other opinions, national or social origin, property, birth, or another status.
This year Human Rights Day theme relates to the COVID-19 pandemic and focuses on the need to build back better by ensuring Human Rights are central to our recovery efforts. Our common global goals can be reached only when we can create equal opportunities for all, address the failures exposed and exploited by the COVID-19 pandemic and apply human rights standards to tackle entrenched, systematic, and intergenerational inequities, exclusion, and discrimination.
ABOUT NATIONAL VIDEO MAKING COMPETITION
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, through Light, Camera, Action: 1st National Video Making Competition, aims to spread awareness among the masses about the significance of human rights. This competition is also aimed at blending art with what is generally perceived to be a legal conception. This is an excellent opportunity for students to take some out of their routine and try their hand at the art of making videos and it becomes all-the-more fascinating when there is an opportunity to learn as well.
This is the first time UILS is organizing a video-making competition at the national level. The participants should shoot or make their videos that encapsulate the importance of human rights for the betterment of human lives or how human lives have been made better with the universal acceptance of human rights.
We look forward to your participation in the event!!
LIGHT, CAMERA, ACTION:
1st NATIONAL VIDEO MAKING COMPETITION
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- Students may participate in a group consisting of not more than 2 persons.
- No restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
The Basic objective of the competition is to celebrate the Human Rights Day and to sensitize the masses about these inalienable rights.
- Registration is compulsory and free of cost.
- The registrations are required to be done through the Google link the link for which is the following:
- All the participants are required to upload any of their identity documents (Aadhar Card, University ID, etc.) for purpose of verification.
PROCEDURE OF PARTICIPATION
- STEP 1– Upload the video on Google Drive or YouTube.
- STEP 2– Attach the link to the same in the Registration form. (Google Form)
- The time limit for the video is 5-15 minutes.
- The format of the video should be MP4/MPEG/H264/MOV only.
- Adding subtitles is the sole discretion of the participant(s).
- Plagiarism of any sort would result in immediate disqualification.
*Note: Videos containing vulgar, abusive language, material or visuals would not be considered or would be disqualified.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGEMENT
- Adherence to the theme and time limit
- Originality of ideas
Note: The decision of the judges would be final and binding.
PRIZES AND CERTIFICATES
- 1st Prize – Cash Prize of INR 1000 and Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
- 2nd Prize – Cash prize of INR 500 and Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate)
- Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate) to all participants of the event.
Note: Also, the top five selected videos will be used for various awareness drives undertaken by the Legal Cell, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh and such participants will receive a separate “Certificate of Recognition”.
- Release of Registration Form – December 11, 2020 (11:59 PM)
- Last date of Submission – December 25, 2020 (11:59 pm)
- The date of the result will be notified later on via e-mail.
- The result will be uploaded on the official website of UILS, PU, Chandigarh.
- The certificates will be released within one week from the declaration of the results.
Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar (Chief Patron), Vice Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Kindly mail your queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of any problems, feel free to contact any of our student coordinators at:
Vaibhav Goyal: 9781520216
Tanya Singla: 8699301897
Supriya Aggarwal: 9501641789
Sahil Jain: 9468031236
We request you to kindly publish the same upon your leading website. It will be very much helpful for us. All the relevant documents including the Brochure and the Poster of this competition is attached along with this mail. Kindly consider the same and publish as soon as possible. We will be grateful to you for the same.
Head, Organizing Committee,
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University,
Contact No. – 9781520216