India is currently in the midst of the devastating second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. With an aim to contribute towards the fight against COVID-19 and to aid relief efforts being undertaken by NGOs, SamVidhi has come up with a unique one-of-a-kind program – a fundraiser cum mentorship programme. Our endeavour and aim is to provide mentorship and guidance to law students and aspirants over the duration of next few months. The mentorship shall span the areas of:
legal research and writing,
preparation for competitive examinations,
applications for graduate programmes (LLMs, PhDs etc.) and scholarships,
internships and placements at firms (both Indian and Foreign),
Careers with Civil Societies or International Organisations,
life in litigation, non-lawyering after a degree in law, and more from legal professionals who have charted these journeys and are continuing to do so.
All the funds raised by SamVidhi through this Mentorship Programme shall be contributed directly to the Uday Foundation. Uday Foundation is a not-for-profit organization based in New Delhi which is working towards COVID-19 relief through three drives: distribution of oxygen concentrators, wellness kits, and dry rations.
List of Mentors (refer to brochure for complete profiles of all 19 Mentors)
Those who are interested in this opportunity can avail it in their respective areas of interest by donating a small amount towards the fight against COVID-19. The minimum registration amount for the program is INR 1000/-, and you may donate more if you wish to and can.
Those Students, who think this amount acts as a barrier in availing quality mentorship can contact us on the given contact details and then, can register by donating whatever amount they wish to or even without donating.
Fill the form hereto register for the programme and to be a part of this initiative.
Note: Please refer to the brochure to know more about the Programme and to understand the Terms and Conditions before signing-up for the Programme.
Terms and Conditions:
- There is no separate application fee for the Mentorship Programme. Prospective mentees may simply register through the link in the Google Form after having made a donation (Minimum Amount: INR 1,000/-). The screenshot of the payment must be attached to the Form.
- Each mentee shall receive between 3-5 hours of individualized/personalized assistance. The dates and timings for these sessions shall be fixed by mutual convenience of the mentor and the mentee. Some of these sessions/hours may involve group-work in a small pool of mentees. Further, Mentors shall share their preferred mode of communication with their mentees, and they may be reached out for doubts to be clarified in a reasonable time frame on such platform.
- If, at any point, the mentor allocated to you has a personal emergency or professional commitment which makes it difficult for them to give you time, one of the other mentors will help out. Please contact SamVidhi should this happen.
- If you are interested in more than 1 area of mentorship, you may request your mentor to connect you with someone who also has that experience, and they shall try. However, most mentors have a wide range and can help out with many projects.
- In case donation of Minimum 1000 INR acts as a barrier to availing this opportunity, then please contact us on the given contact details. We have 25 slots reserved for people who face this impediment.
- The mentees have no choice in who they are allocated as mentors from the list. The selection shall be made on the basis of the congruence of interests.
We look forward to taking this initiative forward with all of you, and hope that this shall be
contributory in the relief efforts towards COVID-19. Excited to hear from you!
In case of any query, please feel free to visit our website: http://www.samvidhi.org/, email us at
email@example.com, or Contact on +91-7701855508 (Aditya).