ABOUT BETTERING RESULTS (BR):
At BR, we strongly believe that studies should not be restricted to classroom learning only. Young people must be given exposure to listen and learn from the incredible, inspiring, and impactful professionals who are doing valuable work in their respective fields.
WHAT WE DO?
We organize conferences, conclaves, summer and winter schools mainly for law students and legal professionals. All our events are carefully curated to help the participants think more deeply about their subjects and view their ongoing education with an eye for skill, value, and development.
IMPORTANCE OF COURSE ON “COMPETITION LAW AND POLICY”:
Bettering Results (BR) is conducting an online certificate course on the “Competition Law and Policy” from September 11- September 18, 2021.
Through this Certificate Course, we seek to provide the participants with an in-depth knowledge of the growing relevance of competition law all around the globe. Competition Law is a rapidly growing area of law and is increasingly being adopted to promote innovation, economic and consumer welfare. With the rise in mergers & acquisitions, global trade, foreign direct investment and recently the data, the Competition Commission of India has emerged as a strict regulator. In the recent past, it has evolved to necessitate parties from the private as well as government to acquire knowledge on competition law.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS:
- Dhanendra Kumar, Former Chairman, Competition Commission Of India
- Avaantika Kakkar, Partner & Head, Competition law practice, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
- Manas Kumar Choudhuri, Partner, Khaitan & Co
- Aparna Mehra, Partner, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co
- Hemangini Dadwal, Partner, AZB & Partners
- Rahul Satyan, Competition and Antitrust Lawyer, Former Counsel- Trilegal
- Sreemoyee Deb, Partner, P&A Law Offices
- Dr. Vijay Kumar Singh, Dean, UPES School of Law, Dehradun
- Unnati Agrawal, Partner, IndusLaw
- Saattvic, Founding Partner, Sapient Econ
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- History behind introduction of Competition Act, 2002
- Economics of competition law
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) – Brief Introduction & Challenge to Constitutionality of the CCI
- Advanced analysis of Anti-competitive Agreements-
What agreements constitute Anti-Competitive Agreements?
Introduction to Anti-Competitive Agreements
Concept of Relevant Market
Determining Relevant Market
Adverse Appreciable Effect on Competition (AAEC)
Factors for determining AAEC
- Advanced analysis of Abuse of Positions of Dominance
Introduction to Abuse of Dominance
Concept of Dominant Player
Case Analysis – Latest Cases
Types of abusive practices
- Advanced Analysis of Combinations including procedural provisions under the Competition
Act, 2002 and Combination Regulations, 2011
- Investigation by CCI
Powers of CCI
Powers Under Section 3, 4, 5, and 19
Concept of Preliminary Notice for Conference
- Bid rigging and collusive rigging
- Cross border merger and competition law
- Interventions in technology-driven markets
The total intake for the Certificate Course is restricted to 100 participants. Applications are open for professionals, legal practitioners, and law students in India and across the world.
Please register through the link provided below:
Deadline for Registration: September 7, 2021
Interested students may also reach us at the contact details set out below:
Email ID: email@example.com
Contact number: +917252919181
Website link: http://www.betteringresults.in
Linkedln page link: https://www.linkedin.com/company/betteringresults-