FM Sitharaman says “Over 30,000 crore guarantee approved for bad bank”

Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in an address on the bad bank said that The Cabinet has approved the government guarantee of up to Rs 30,600 crore to back security receipts to be issued by National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL).

The NARCL will pay up to 15% of the agreed value for the cash loans and the remaining 85% would be government-guaranteed security receipts.

FM Sitharaman had announced the proposal comprising of an asset reconstruction company and an asset management company to consolidate and take over the stress debt of Indian Banks in the FY22 Union Budget.

Canera Bank will be the lead sponsor of NARCL with a 12% stake, while the public sector bank will together hold 51% of NARCL. Padmakumar Nair of SBI has been selected as the head of the NARCL and IBA chief executive Sunil Mehta will be its non-executive chairman.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close