Client counseling is a vital skill in which the students of law should be trained. One of the significant functions of a lawyer is to advise the people who seek assistance in knowing the legal implications of their actions. This function of the lawyer influencing and facilitating decisions is called counseling.
Any student who is pursuing a five-year or three-year course of law will be eligible.
RULES AND REGULATIONS :
A. This competition is open for all the law students from different recognized Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions across the country.
B. Multiple teams are allowed from a University/College/Institute.
C. The competition is a team event which shall comprise of two individuals.
FORMAT OF THE COMPETITION:
- The participants shall conduct an interview with a person playing the role of the client (Provided by the Host Organization).
- Participants are expected to elicit the relevant information from the client, outlining the nature of the problem, and to explore the different legal avenues available for providing a solution to the problem with means (or range of alternatives) for resolving the same.
- The interview with the client will then be followed by a post-consultation period during which the participants, in the absence of the client, analyze the interview and discuss the legal and other work to be undertaken, during which the presiding Judges may ask them questions if they deem fit.
- The interview and post-consultation period are for 40 minutes only [30 minutes (Interview) +10 minutes (Post-Consultation)].
- The Semifinalists and Finalists will be given an extra time of 10 minutes with the client in the semi-final and final round.
- During the consultation and post-consultation, the team may use books, notes, electronic media, and other materials.
- The participants must follow the formal dress code.
- Organizers reserve the right to alter/change the rules/ or procedure of the competition if the need so arises.
- Decision of adjudicators and organizing committee shall be binding in the end.
- Video feed shall be on during the whole session.
- Legal Zems shall not be responsible for any technical issue from the participant’s end.
- Inappropriate behavior shall lead to disqualification from the event.
- During the post-consultation session, participants shall put their mic off while discussing or they shall discuss in front of the judges as well. But the video feed shall be ON in both cases.
- The Team shall consist of 2 members only Known as Counsel 1 & Counsel 2.
STRUCTURE OF THE COMPETITION:
PRELIMINARY ROUND: All teams shall compete against each other and the top 08 scoring teams shall be carried forward to the next round.
SEMI-FINAL ROUND: Top 08 teams from Preliminary Round shall compete against each other and the top 2 teams out of them shall be carried forward to the final round.
FINAL ROUND: Top 2 teams from Semi-Final Round shall compete against each other and the winner and the runners-up shall be declared from them.
The Marking scheme shall comprise 50 marks per participant, which shall be distributed as
- Presence of mind = 10 marks
- Ability to provide legal solution = 10 marks
- Tactfully handling the client = 10 marks
- Extracting relevant information from client = 10 marks
- Audible summarizing & teamwork (Post Consultation) = 10 marks
NOTE: If two or more teams are otherwise qualified to advance after the Preliminary Rounds are tied due to the reason of having the same score, then both or all will be allowed to proceed to the next round. In case of a tie in the Finals, the total score of the teams tied, i.e. the score of the Preliminary round, Quarter-finals, Semi-Finals and the Final Round will be taken into account.
Rs. 1200/- Cash + Certificate of Merit + Trophy + 50% off on Drafting course by Legal Zems+ Free Publication in Legal Zems E- Magazine+ Internship Opportunity at the chambers of Adv. Jayant Bhatt. 1st RUNNER UP TEAM
Rs. 1000/- Cash + Certificate of Merit + Trophy + 30% off on Drafting course by Legal Zems+ Internship Opportunity at Legal Zems+Free Publication in Legal Zems E-Magazine.
Rs. 900/- Cash + Certificate of Merit + Trophy + 20% off on Drafting Course by Legal Zems+ Internship Opportunity at Legal Zems+Free Publication in Legal Zems E-Magazine.
Rs. 750/- (Per Team)
Note-Registration fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
Total Number of Slots: – 30 (Tentative)
Note: – First Come, First Serve Basis.
Registration Commencement: – 17th September 2021
Last Date to Register – 20th October 2021
PHONE PE/ PAYTM/GOOGLE PAY: – 9891348721 (Prashant Kumar or Prashant Mishra)
REGISTRATION FORM LINK:
Note:- Registration will only be confirmed after filling this form.
CONCERNED AUTHORITIES (For any other query)
Mr. Prashant Mishra: – 8376951009 (Call 10.00 A.M. to 10.00 P.M.) or WhatsApp (Anytime)
Ms. Ashita Singh: – 9315486852 (Call 10.00 A.M. to 10.00 P.M.) or WhatsApp (Anytime)