About Department of Law, PIMR, Indore
Prestige Institute of Management & Research Indore is a well- established institute of Madhya Pradesh, established in the year 1994 and accredited with NAAC “A++”. DOL is a popular acronym to the Department of Law, Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore is an exclusive Institution dedicated to law education both at undergraduate and post graduate level. The Institute is approved by, “The Bar Council of India”, New Delhi and affiliated to the Devi Ahilya University, Indore. Its pioneering and ingenious educational experiments have set it apart from other law colleges in city and region. The department derives its potency and ethos from the qualified and dedicated faculties. The college has the unique and proud privilege of inmate association with prominent legal luminaries who regularly conduct colloquium, workshops and training for students despite their hectic schedules and preoccupation. The Institute provides a lifetime experience along with various amenities and facilities like international level moot court for budding global lawyers, legal aid cell, legal awareness camps and global e-library with direct access to national and international journals, books, working papers, legal search engines etc.
PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) is a form of extracurricular activity wherein students from various colleges and schools participate as representatives of diﬀerent countries. The objective of PIMUN is to make students ﬂuent public speakers, resourceful and reliable researchers, skillful debaters and inﬂuential leaders. PIMUN will be conducted by Department of Law, PIMR, Indore via virtual mode. It aims to get young Indian students to become global changemakers with a broad mind set and clear vision of the world. We are proud and rejoiced to announce that we are organizing the 1st chapter of the Prestige International Model United Nations which is to be held on 16th & 17th October, 2021. PIMUN has 6 committees with an executive board that comprises of some of the most notable speakers and experienced debaters in the field of International Debate and Model UN. It promises to be the most awaited conference of the year.
Committees of PIMUN
|NITI AAYOG – Question of Presidential Vs. Parliamentary Form of Governance with Lights to The Basic Structure Doctrine.|
|IPSS – The Kashmir Dispute.|
|UNODC – Peer propagation of drugs among youth and a framework to counter it.|
|AIPPM – Reviewing the Farm Laws.|
|UN WOMEN – Gender equality in the 21st century using the learning from the Vedic Period.|
|UNSC – Roadmap for a peaceful Afghanistan|
|Application Procedure Anyone between the age of 14 to 25 years who is willing and interested to be a part of PIMUN. |
Registration Link: http://forms.gle/7WeqLD8MF8eLz4TVA
Registration Fees: INR ₹500/- for Indian Participants & (Dollar) $10 for Foreign Participants.
Account Holder Name: Shubhank Khare
Account Number: 6251000400020989
Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
IFSC Code: PUNB0625100
Branch: Prestige Vihar Scheme No. 74 C Vijay Nagar
UPI ID: kharericky@okicici
Important Dates & Time
|PIMUN Conference Date||October 16 & 17, 2021|
|Delegate Registration (Open)||September 06, 2021|
|Delegate Registration Last Date||October 06, 2021|
|Allotment of Countries/Portfolios||October 11, 2021|
|Announcement of Result||October 17, 2021|
|Distribution of Certificate||October 24, 2021|
Day 01: October 16, 2021
i. 09:00 A.M. – 10:30 A.M. Opening ceremony
ii. 10:30 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. break
iii. 11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. committee session 1
iv. 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. lunch break
v. 2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. committee session 2
vi. 4:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M. high tea break
vii. 4:30 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. committee session 3
Day 02: October 17, 2021
i. 08:00 A.M. – 09:00 A.M. yoga/meditation
ii. 09:00 A.M. – 09:30 A.M. breakfast break
iii. 09:30 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. committee session 4
iv. 11:00 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. high tea break
v. 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. committee session 5
vi. 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. lunch break
vii. 2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. committee session 6
viii. 4:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M. high tea break
ix. 4:30 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. closing ceremony
Disclaimer: 1. The decision of the chair, committee members and secretariat of the PIMUN on any issue arising during the PIMUN conference shall be final and binding.
2. The organizers reserve all the right to alter or change the date, time, rules or the procedure of the conference.
INSTRUCTIONS TO ATTEND PIMUN DIGITAL CONFERENCE
- PIMUN Online Conference will be conducted through Zoom (www.zoom.us).
- It is highly recommended to attend the conference from your Laptop or Computer Only. Many functions might not be available if you access from your mobile.
- Download Zoom on your laptop or your computer, it will take few minutes only. A link to the conference will be shared with you over email, you are requested to click the link and on webpage click, “Download and Run the Application”. If the link is not working, Enter Meeting ID & Password given to you by Team”.
- You need to Download Zoom App if you access it from your mobile phone.
- After clicking the link, enter your screen name. Please Note: All delegates are required to rename their names during conference with the committee/country they are representing followed by their names. For Example: If you are in UNSC committee, representing China and your name is Gaurangi, then your name in Zoom should be: UNSC-China-Gaurangi. Participants without their names in this format will be removed from the conference or will not be approved by the admintojointhe PIMUNconference.
- In a conventional MUN, Delegates are required to raise their placards, however in an Online MUN Conference, Delegates are required to use the “Raise Hand” Feature.
7 In a conventional MUN, Delegates share chits/messages via organizing council, however in an Online MUN Conference, Delegates are required to use the “Private Chat” Feature or whatsapp messages, as guided by the chair.
- All the written materials including working papers/resolutions can be shared with participants via a google doc link in chat. or share screen feature (only when allowed).
- During Un-moderated Caucus students can interact with each other verbally as well as chat.
- Please make sure your device connected with power supply and internet all the time.
- Delegates don’t need to make an account on Zoom to join the conference. However, It is recommended to sign up before starting the conference.
- It is highly recommended to use USB connected Headphones or Earphones for better communication.
- There will be 3 Chairs monitoring the delegates, if internet connection of one of the chair interrupts, Team will switch to the other chair.
- It is highly prohibited to use “Share Screen” feature until asked by the Chairs. If interrupted by any delegate, they might be banned.
- It is highly prohibited to share meeting ID or link with people who have not registered at PIMUN Online Conference. Zoom tracks all the shared links, the delegate will be banned if found out sharing.
Committee Members PIMUN
Asst. Prof. Shubhank Khare
FACULTY CO- CONVERNER
Asst. Prof. Kamlesh Jain
Ms. Narinderpreet Kaur
Ms. Amisha Jain
Ms. Madhavi Moyde
Deputy Secretary General
Ms. Snehal Bopte
Deputy Director General:
Ms. Sejal Jain
Under Secretary General
Head of Content Writing
Ms. Palak Gupta
Head of Delegate Aﬀairs
Ms. Gaurangi Kushwah
Head of Internal Aﬀairs
Ms. Vaishnavi Singh
Head of Organizing Commitee
Mr. Abhishek Mantri
Head of Sponsorship Commitee
Ms. Sejal Singhal
Co-Head of Content Writing
Ms. Muskan Pandey
Co-Head of Delegate Aﬀairs
Ms. Kritika Khare
Head of External Aﬀairs
Ms. Khushi Prajapat
Co-Head of Organizing Commitee
Ms. Vanshita Vijh
Co-Head of Sponsors Commitee
Mr. Sreyansh Chhari
Instagram Page: https://instagram.com/pimun.2021?utm_medium=copy_link LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pimun-department-of-law-167700217 Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100070875541711