ABOUT PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH
One of the oldest universities in India, Panjab University (PU) established in Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts, and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 138 years of its service to the nation are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has ranked 2nd in the Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) amongst Indian Universities declared by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India in 2020. It has ranked 4th amongst Indian institutes/ universities by International Ranking Agency, the Times Higher Education (WUR) in 2019- 2020. It has won the prestigious Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy for best all-round performance in sports among Indian Universities for continuous two years in succession 2018-19 and 2019-2020. University campus is spread over an area of 550 acres (2.2 km2) in sectors 14 and 25 of the city of Chandigarh. University has 78 teaching and research departments and 15 Centres/Chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes in the country with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counselling, and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc
The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counselling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the
economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach program of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in coordination with practicing lawyers.
ABOUT SOCIETY FOR QUIZ
The Society for Quiz is a constituent society of the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The Society owes its existence to the vital role played by the quizzes in the learning process. Considering how promising the quizzes are in terms of expanding the horizons of one’s knowledge and improving the efficiency of mind, the Society is completely devoted to organizing various types of quizzes throughout the year, both online and offline. Also, to keep the spirit of competition alive, the Society aims not to limit itself to its home institution but also to reach out to the students throughout the nation. Furthermore, believing in the potential of a quiz as an activity to raise general awareness, the Society is also unrestricted in its choice of topics for the quizzes and is not limited merely to the topics of the law.
ABOUT AIR FORCE DAY
Indian Air Force Day is celebrated on October 8 every year. The Indian Air Force (IAF) is the air arm and a crucial organ of the Indian armed forces which plays a vital role in the wars fought by the country. Its primary mission is to secure Indian airspace and conduct aerial activities during armed conflicts within nations. More than 170,000 personnel are in service with the Indian Air Force. Its personnel and aircraft assets rank fourth amongst the air forces of the world. Also known as ‘ Bharatiya Vayu Sena’ the IAF was officially established on October 8,1932 by the British Empire. The Indian Air Force not only safeguards Indian territory and national interests from all threats, but also provides support during natural calamities. . Hence, the day is celebrated to honour and recognise the selfless efforts of our jawans and the entire force.
NATIONAL ONLINE QUIZ COMPETITION
“KNOW YOUR FORCES”
· The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
· The competition is also open to the school students (9-12 classes).
· No restriction on the number of entries from one University/College/Institute.
· The Registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking on the following link:
· The Last date for registration is October 5, 2021.
· There is No Registration Fee for the Competition.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED IN QUIZ
· History of Indian Armed forces
· Weapons, Technologies, Equipments of Indian defence forces
· Wars fought by India
· Important days in the Indian military establishment
· Military Exercises of India
· Decorated Officers of Military
· Any other important topic pertaining to Indian Armed Forces
SCHEME OF QUIZ
· There will be no negative marking for the quiz.
· All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s) format.
· The participant who submits the quiz earlier will be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
· The participants registering for the quiz via the Google Registration form will receive a confirmation mail from our side.
· The Confirmation mail will have the link to join the WhatsApp Group upon which all the important updates regarding the quiz and the link of the competition will be sent.
MODE OF QUIZ
· The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
· The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Group so formed for the quiz.
· The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be sent in the confirmation mail, once the participant successfully submits the registration form for the same.
· Organizers will not be responsible for any technical error in the registration for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
THE COMPETITION WILL HAVE 1 ROUND THE RULES OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
· All participants are required to attempt the Round of the Quiz via Google Form Link sent on the WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
· Round will be held on October 8, 2021 (06: 30 PM to 07:00 PM).
· Round will consist of 75 Multiple Choice Questions of 1 Mark each.
· The Result of the same will be declared on October 09 , 2021 on WhatsApp Group made for the purpose.
|TOTAL TIME||TOTAL MARKS||TOTAL QUESTIONS|
|TASK||DATE||DAY & TIME|
|Last Date of Registration||OCT 5, 2021||Tuesday Midnight|
|Quiz Competition (Round 1)||OCT 8, 2021||Friday from 06:30 PM to 07:00 PM|
|Result Declaration(Round 1)||OCT 9 , 2021||Saturday|
|Receiving of Certificates||OCT 23, 2021||Saturday|
· The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1000 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
· The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 750+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
· The Top 10 winners will get a Certificate of Commendation
· The Next Top 25 winners will get a Certificate of Recognition
· All the participants of the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
Dr. (Prof.) Rajinder Kaur, Chairman, SFQ, UILS, PU – cum- Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Faculty Co-ordinator, SFQ, UILS, PU – cum – Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Kindly mail your queries at – firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of any query, you can also contact our student convenors via:
Vaibhav Goyal (President): 9781520216
Rabia Mittal (Secretary): 9780212040
Pranjali Aggarwal (Treasurer): 7858820006
For registration and other contact:
Ujjawal Aggarwal (Event Coordinator): 7009178394
Yashkaran Singh (Co- Coordinator): 9592717639
Riya Nagpal (Co- Coordinator): 9813059145
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLE
Social Media Head- SFQ, UILS
Panjab University, Chandigarh