About Law Mantra Trust: “Law Mantra” (headquarters New Delhi) (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 0f 2018) is not for profit organisation running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same. Law Mantra is a registered society under the Indian Trust Act, 1882 whose members are leaders and members from the legal fraternity, other professions with a nexus to conflict resolution, academics and experts from various fields who are committed to resolve conflicts and disputes using innovative mechanisms and methods such as Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiations and Arbitration. Law Mantra is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
About The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi: The Indian Law Institute [ILI] – set up on 27th December, 1956 is an International Centre for advanced socio-legal research and has done significant work in the field of legal research, education and training. It has made notable contribution in the legal arena. Besides performing important advisory role in fostering the empirical research and making law as an instrument of social engineering, it undertakes research on current legal issues. The Institute is an autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 No. S. 1049 of 1956-57. It was formally inaugurated by the first President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad on December 12, 1957 at the Central Hall of Parliament, New Delhi in the presence of the first Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, Hon’ble Mr. Justice S.R. Das, the then Chief Justice of India and late Dr. K.M. Munshi the then Executive Chairman of the Institute and Prof. L.R. Siva Subramanian the then Dean, Law Faculty of Delhi University. Pt. Nehru welcomed the formation of the Institute as necessary and important and said that he would take the liberty to pay tribute and homage to the law and the men of the law and further remarked that he had no doubt that the Institute would perform an essential task in the development of a welfare state.
About Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab: Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), is a public law school and a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006) as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education. RGNUL offers a 5-year B.A. LL.B (Honours) programme and a 1-year LL.M. with an intake of 196 seats per annum and 40 seats per annum, respectively. Admission to these programmes is through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). Ph.D programmes are also offered. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law was ranked 13 among law colleges in 2019 by The Week., The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked it 10 among law colleges in 2020.
About Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur: Maharashtra National Law University Nagpur (MNLU) (also known as National Law University, Nagpur or NLU Nagpur) is a National Law University and a public law institution established by the government through a public enactment as the Maharashtra National Law University Act (Maharashtra Act No. VI of 2014). The university is the 19th National Law University established in India and is located in the Orange City of Nagpur, Maharashtra. The Chief Justice of India serves as the Head of the institution.
About Advanced Centre on Research, Development & Training in Cyber Law and Forensics, National Law School of India University, Bangalore: About Advanced Centre on Research, Development & Training in Cyber Law and Forensics, National Law School of India University, Bangalore: Advanced Centre for Research, Development and Training in Cyber Laws and Forensics [ACRDTCLF] was established at NLSIU, Bangalore on 25th October 2010 under the initial financial support of the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications& Information Technology, Government of India. The Centre spreads awareness and provides training to judicial officers, public prosecutors, judges, investigative agencies, cyber security personnel and others of cyber law with essential emphasis on the technical issues to prevent of misuse of the technology and better enforcement of related laws.
The International Seminar on Data Protection and Data Privacy is taking place on 18th December, 2021Online. The International Seminar on Data Protection And Data Privacy is being organized by Law Mantra Trust, The Indian Law Institute New Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur & Advanced Centre on Research, Development & Training in Cyber Law and Forensics, National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned into a global emergency, with terrible implications in terms of human life and economic decline. This lethal disease and its economic consequences have wreaked havoc on each and every section of the society. During the pandemic, government officials and businesses had to strike a balance between two competing priorities: public health and personal privacy. Some actions aimed at limiting the virus’s transmission and maybe saving lives may have major human-rights consequences.
While many public-health authorities do not necessitate data collecting, others may infringe on privacy concerns for people. Government authorities and businesses may find themselves on the horns of a dilemma, contemplating ways to stop the virus from spreading but also severely restricting the rights and freedoms of the people whose lives they aim to safeguard. This calls for the need to formulate stringent Data Privacy Laws so that the sensitive personal data collected is safeguarded.
The Seminar aims to examine and analyze the Data Protection and Data Privacy in today’s times. The International Seminar will be attended by various international delegates and speakers as also representatives from the national Diaspora representing the stakeholders in the digital ecosystem and alive web. These would include representatives from the Central Government & State Governments, various Ministries, Law Enforcement Agencies, Police, Business, Information Technology, Corporate Sector, Academicians, Scholars, Service Providers, International Organizations and distinguished thought leaders.
To provide a platform for stakeholder like organizations working in international and national level, legislatures, civil societies, researchers, practitioners, academicians, activists and policy makers to deliberate and discuss on what is required to build strategies and to address the constraints in inclusive practices towards betterment of the society.
The Organizing Committee welcomes original papers, relating to, but not limited to the following topics:
- Data Breach and Risk Analysis
- Role of Intermediaries & Data Repositories and their Liability in the Case Data Breaches.
- Media Intrusions and the Privacy Challenges – Legal Dynamics
- Frameworks for Data Protection in India: The J. A.P. Shah “Report of the Group of Experts on Privacy”
- India and the EU: The Privacy Debate
- Governmental Schemes, Data Protection, and Security
- Contracts and Data Protection in India
- Cyber security in India
- Surveillance and Cyber Security
- Judicial Interpretation of Data Protection and Privacy in India
- Analysis of International Data Protection Rules/Regulations
- Emerging Concerns Towards Data Security and Privacy
- Data Localization and Cross-Border Data Transfers
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme.
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts:
- Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted.
- The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant, Official Designation/Institution Details, Address and Email id, Title of Abstract.
- Submit your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for Paper Submission:
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font;
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi Style;
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 Minimum Keywords;
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected;
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra;
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides;
- The length of paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and Should not Exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes).
Selected will be published in book bearing ISBN by Satyam International. (If Paper will be Selected for Publication in Book bearing ISBN, Contributors have to Contact Publisher and will have to pay charge if any one wishes to procure Hard Copy of Book as per bill raised by Publisher ).
REGISTRATION FEE FOR PRESENTATION OF PAPER:
|Faculty/Professional/Research Scholar/Other||Rs 700/-|
REGISTRATION FEE FOR FOREIGN PARTICIPANTS : NIL
Both Author and Co-Author have to register separately.
|Submission of Abstract||30th November, 2021|
|Confirmation of Abstract Selection||2nd December 2021|
|Registration||10th December, 2021|
|Submission of Paper in Proposed Form||15th December, 2021|
|Seminar Date||18th December, 2021|
|Submission of Final Paper||12th January, 2022|
|Publication of Selected Paper||By December, 2022|
Who Should Attend?: Students, Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians, Corporate Delegates, Business entities, Lawyers.
Rules for the Presentation:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively;
- Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees;
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference;
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate;
- Event will be hosted through Zoom/Cisco-Webex or any other Online Platform.;
- Technical Session will be organized through Google Meet/ Zoom/Cisco-Webex or any other Online Platform.
- Dr. Himanshu Pandey, Associate Professor of Law, MNLU-Nagpur. (Convenor)
- Dr. Ivneet Kaur Walia, Assistant Professor of Law, RGNUL-Punjab. (Member)
- Dr. Gurneet Singh, Assistant Professor of Law, RGNUL-Punjab. (Member)
- Dr. Shailedra Kumar, Trustee Law Mantra Trust. (Member)
- Mr. Rajat Dixit, Assistant Professor of Law, RGNUL-Punjab. (Member)
- Mr. Aditya Mishra, Managing Trustee, Law Mantra Trust. (Member)
Students Organizing Committee
- Ms. Anoushka Chowdhury
- Ms. J Tanisha
- Ms. Shubhangi Mishra
- Ms. Abhipsa Baral
- Ms. Nishtha Wadhawan
- Ms.Vanshika Tewari
HELPLINE:+91-9310053923 (Law Mantra Office)
TO REGISTER AS ATTENDEE CLICK https://forms.gle/k78tCMivNAEituax7
SATYAM LAW INTERNATIONAL