About the Seminar:
Research and Innovation Division (rID), MyLawman and Center for International Legal Studies and Training (CILST) are organizing a one-day International Seminar on ‘Human Rights, United Nations, and International Law’ on the occasion of UN Human Rights Day on 10th December 2021, and to observe the 73 Years of UDHR.
The objective of the Seminar is to provide a platform to students, academicians, researchers, and professionals of various law schools and academia of allied disciplines (Political Science, International Relation and Politics, Human Rights) to engage in highly enriching discussions on various themes and sub-themes and to further introspect, review and enhance the academic acumen vis-à-vis the expert opinions and analysis of UN, Human Rights and International Law.
Who can participate?
Students, academicians, bureaucrats, professionals, diplomats, researchers, etc. from various fields of law and/or Political Science, Human Rights, International Relations, Politics and International Affairs, allied and multi-disciplinary fields are invited to contribute to the Seminar.
Human Rights, United Nations, and International Law
- Role of UDHR in strengthening Human Rights
- Role of the UN in developing and enforcing Human Rights
- Changing dimensions of Civil, Political and Economic Rights
- Role of UN Agencies in Protecting Human Rights
- International Human Rights as the norm
- International Human Rights Law (International Law, Treaties and basic principles)
- Crossroad of duties and Human Rights
- National Security and Human Rights
- Changing World Order and Human Rights
- Human Rights and COVID-19
- Economic Rights in times of COVID-19
- Public Health and Human Rights
- Internationalisation v localisation of Human Rights
- Global Human Rights v Local Laws
- National Human Rights Institutions
- Judiciary and Human Rights
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Constitutionalism and Human Rights
- Human Rights Practice
- Human Rights Education
- Human Rights of Vulnerable Group
- Protection of Women, Child, and Elders
- Fourth Generation of Human Rights
- Development and Human Rights
- Human Rights, Environment and Sustainable Development
- Business and Human Rights
- Human Rights in the Age of the Internet
- Law, Technology and Human Rights
- Human Rights in New Technologies (AI, Blockchain and IoT)
- IoT, Robots v Privacy and other rights
- Future of Human Rights
The Seminar invites papers from students, academicians, bureaucrats, professionals, diplomats, researchers, etc. from various fields of law and/or Political Science, Human Rights, international relations, politics and affairs, allied subjects, and multi-disciplinary fields on the above-mentioned theme and sub-theme. papers shall be selected and admitted to the Seminar on the basis of Abstract, initially.
Following are the guidelines:
The abstract should be accompanied by a separate cover page comprising of a brief profile of the author including the current academic position, e-mail ID, contact number, and official address.
- The word limit for abstracts should be between 150-350 words.
- The submissions should be original and unpublished.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to three persons.
- Full name(s) of the author(s), along with their designations must be given.
- Journal of Indian Law Institutes (JILI) rule of footnoting and citation style should strictly be followed in the submissions, non-compliance to which will lead to it being summarily rejected.
- The word limit for research papers is 4500-8000 words (maximum, excluding footnotes).
- The body of the paper should be in Times New Roman, with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 with single line spacing.
- A margin of four centimeters should be left on all sides.
- Page borders should not be used.
- The paper should be submitted in MS Word (doc.) Format.
- The email should entail the following:
- Abstract (without the author’s details).
- Cover Letter [with the name(s), institutional affiliation(s), and contact details of the author(s)].
- Abstracts & research papers should strictly be submitted at Google Form Link. Notification of the selection of abstracts shall be sent to the participants in two-three days from submission of abstracts.
Publication of the articles:
- Research and Innovation Division (rID), MyLawman shall select remarkable papers presented during the Seminar, post the successful conclusion of the review process.
- Subsequently, the selected articles shall be published in a Book titled bearing ISBN. (preferably from an International Publisher or Indian Publisher with International Repute).
- Few Other Papers may be asked to be published in MyLawman Socio-Legal Review (a Journal bearing ISSN)
- Best Paper Award: Certificate of Merit+ Free Entry to Legal Drafting Courses by Knowledge Steez + Other goodies from MyLawman
- Best Paper Award (Student): Certificate of Merit+ Free Entry to Legal Drafting Courses by Knowledge Steez + Other goodies from MyLawman
- Best Presentation: Certificate of Merit + Free Entry to Legal Drafting Courses by Knowledge Steez + Other goodies from MyLawman
- Best Presentation (Student): Certificate of Merit + Free Entry to Legal Drafting Courses by Knowledge Steez + Other goodies from MyLawman
- Certificate of Participation to All.
- The Last date for Abstract Submission: 6th December 2021.
- Final notification of selected abstracts: 8th December 2021.
- Last date of Registration: 9th December 2020.
- The Last date for Submission of papers: TBD. (after the seminar presentation by 25th December 2021)
- Seminar: 10th December 2021
The Registration fee for the seminar is as follows:
₹700 for Bonafide Students (Graduates/Post Graduates)
– 1200 for two authors
– 1650 for Three authors
₹1000 for Academicians/Professionals/Research Scholars
– 1700 for two authors
– 2250 for Three authors
₹500 for Delegates
Participants of Foreign Countries:
$20 for Bonafide Students
– $36 for two authors
– $50 for Three authors
$30 for Academicians/Professionals/Research Scholars
– $55 for two authors
– $75 for Three authors
$ 15 for delegates
Payment link with Final registration shall be sent in the selection mail of Abstract. The Payment and Final Registration shall be deemed to be entry to seminar. Mere selection of Abstract does not ensure entry to Seminar.
Mr. Harshit Kiran
+91 9472434013 (WhatsApp)
Mr Abhinav K Mishra
- STEP 1 – Submit your Abstract here, Click Here. [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeter3gZ94E3gWHLfFo8DPcW8T7qknJ1dRYr4b2zKqwfdz0Zg/viewform]
- STEP 2 of Registration shall be sent in selection mail along with payment details.