“Our difficulty is not about the ultimate future. Our difficulty is how to make a heterogeneous mass that we have today, take a decision in common and march on the way, which leads us to unity. Our difficulty is not with regard to the ultimate; our difficulty is with regard to the beginning.” – B. R. Ambedkar.
The 1st B.R.Ambedkar Constituent Assembly Debate seeks to instil the spirit of constitutionalism as a guiding principle for the future generations of the legal fraternity. This competition will hone the skills of the future generation of lawyers and lawmakers who will shape the legal landscape of the country.
The competition will enhance the knowledge and appreciation of constitutional principles, understanding of the framework of the constitution, and acquaint the law students with the intentions of the constitutional makers and the jurisprudential principles behind the constitutional provisions. This academic endeavor is an attempt to revisit, rethink and rebuild the Constitution of India based on the experience of the past 60 years of Indian democracy.
With the first sitting of the Constituent Assembly on 9th December 1946, India gave out a loud and clear message on who will set the foundation stone of the Indian Constitution. For the next 2 years and 11 months, the Constituent Assembly intensely drafted the Constitution for an independent India.
Every word uttered and documents presented in those 165 sessions have been recorded and preserved to date as they provide an interpretational dimension to the mere words of the Constitution of India from the perspective of drafters.
The first agenda in the Constituent Assembly was, ‘Presentation of the credentials and Signing of the Register before the Chairman’, followed by moving the resolution framed by the representatives on being invited by the Chairman. Once such a resolution was moved and seconded, deliberation started for the amendments and objections to be raised.
On disposal of all the amendments, the resolution was duly carried and put to the vote before the Assembly. This freely chosen set of representatives of the people of India were to frame the constitution of India. The final draft of the body was then broadly divided into four stages; Preliminary Stage, First Reading, Second Reading, and Third Reading. Each clause that is a part of the Constitution today went through several levels of scrutiny.
- Preliminary Round
- Quarter Round (Top 24 teams)
- Semi-Final Round (Top 12 Teams)
- Final Round (Top 6 Teams)
- Majority Community
- Special States – Jammu Kashmir & North-East
- Women Community
- Minority Community
- LGBTQ Community
- WINNER – Rs. 31,000 + merit certificate
- 1st Runner’s up – Rs. 21,000 + merit certificate
- 2nd Runner’s up – Rs. 11,000+ merit certificate
- Best Speaker – Rs. 11,000+ merit certificate
- Most Innovative Vision – Rs. 11,000+ merit certificate
- Registration open: 15th November 2021
- Last date of Registration: 6th December 2021
- Allocation of Representative Category: 7th December 2021
- Date of Competition:
- 11th December 2021- Preliminary Round & Quarter-Final Round
- 12th December 2021 – Semi-Final Round & Final Round
- The official language of the competition shall be English only.
- The top 24, 12, and 6 teams with the highest score after the declaration of results of preceding rounds shall proceed to the Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals, and Finals, respectively.
- The match-up of the 6 teams in each Round shall be determined based on the electronically generated draw of lots.
- In case of a tie-in score calculated, the team with the higher ‘Creative Argument’ score shall proceed to the next round.
- All the teams shall observe strict adherence to the code of conduct.
- The registration shall be done by filling up the registration form available on our official website/brochure.
- The registration shall be considered complete only when the team registration amount Rs.999/- has been paid successfully and the registration form is duly filled with all the credentials.
- The participants will receive an official approval mail from the organizing committee within 48 hours of their registration.
- The registration fee for the competition is as specified in the official brochure.
- In case of any discrepancy in registration or receival of confirmation mail, the participants may contact the undersigned.
REGISTRATION LINK: https://bit.ly/3cFEtIF
Email us at email@example.com
Call at: 8819933380