About Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (M.P.):
The Dharmashastra National Law University has been established by the Madhya Pradesh. Dharmashastra National Law University Ordinance, 2018. The University has been allotted 120 acres of land in the lush green surroundings at Village Pipariya adjacent to the Jabalpur Airport.
State of the art infrastructure shall be established with all the modern amenities including residential facilities.
About the Centre for Law Economics:
The Centre was formed to promote research in the conjoined fields of Economics and Law and to understand the interdependent relationship that exists between the condition of the Economy and the effect that it subsequently has on the economic laws of the country. It endeavours to provide solutions for the current issues pertaining to Law and Economics. The Centre is all set to become goodwill in its respective fields.
The aims and objectives include –
- To promote the interdisciplinary field of Law and Economics in India.
- To work towards understanding the core problems an individual of our society faces in the context of Law and Economics.
- To publish journals and newsletters pertaining to the Centre’s interests.
- To gain perspective from well-known and experienced people in the field of Law and Economics.
- To make noteworthy contributions in the established area of research – Law and Economics which would further add to the existing knowledge in the field.
- To conduct various types of competition and activities relating to the current and challenging issues in the field of Law and Economics.
About the webinar:
After successful conduct of guest lecturers and national webinar, with an illuminary panel of speakers, who have attracted students of law, academicians, research scholars and dignitaries from all over the country, the Centre puts a further step to decipher the needs of the era.
Through this webinar, we wish to muse on the dimension of the study of “LAW, INSTITUTIONAL DECISION MAKING AND SOCIAL CHOICE”
About the Resource Person :
Maxwell L. Stearns has been teaching law for twenty-five years, first at George Mason Law School and now at the University of Maryland Carey School of Law. Although legal scholars view Constitutional Law and Law & Economics, his core areas, as unrelated, to him these fields are critically interwoven. Constitutional systems lay an essential foundation for market interactions with democratic institutions; economic theory proves vital in understanding the nature and evolution of constitutional structures and doctrines. His academic work relies upon neoclassical economic analysis (price theory), interest group theory, social choice theory, and game theory
Registration Link:- https://forms.gle/prG7YQD3a9eggdqc7
- Date: December 08, 2021
- Time: 7:00 PM (IST)
- 8:30 AM (EST)
- Platform: Google Meet.
- NO REGISTRATION CHARGES
- Certificate of Participation*
*There is No Registration Charge to attend this webinar. However, those who want the Participation Certificate need to pay Rs. 100 only after the webinar.
- Dr Isha Wadhwa, Director CLE, DNLU Jabalpur(M.P.) Contact Number: +91 93997 52436
- Harsh Jain, Student Member CLE, Contact Number: +91 6268069230
- Sukanya Nema, Student Member CLE, Contact Number: +919424767675
Or mail your query at firstname.lastname@example.org