About the Organization
IBC16 is a blog dedicated to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. It is an initiative started in an attempt to contribute to India’s burgeoning restructuring community. We believe that a new profession under a new law deserves an appropriately fresh and modern platform.
About the Opportunity
IBC16 is looking for an Assistant Editor, who will run the platform under the instructions and guidance of the Editor-in-Chief. This will be an online internship, and it is open only to those candidates who would not be engaged elsewhere during their tenure with us. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing well-researched and original articles on various topics under IBC
- Organizing events which promote the platform
- Reviewing submissions for publication on our blog
- Managing IBC16’s media handles
The applicant should be in their third/fourth year if enrolled in a five year law program, or second/third year if enrolled in a three year law program. A genuine interest in insolvency and restructuring laws and familiarity with the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 is a must. Additionally, the following would be instrumental in the success of an application:
- Prior, demonstrable experience in efficient legal research, judgment analysis and analytical legal writing
- Strong work ethic and an ability to meet deadlines
- Prior work/internship experience in the area of insolvency and bankruptcy.
- Past editorial experience.
Number of Vacancies
A stipend of Rs. 5000/- per month will be given
The internship will be for three months starting from January 15, and it may be extended further depending on the intern’s performance and interest.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Application – Assistant Editor’ by 10 January 2022.
- Covering Letter highlighting how you meet the requirements of the position
- A writing sample of 800-1000 words on any current issue under IBC which is of interest to you (if previously published, should not be older than six months).