RULES AND REGULATIONS
- NO REGISTRATION FEES is required to be paid for the V.S. Sundaram Memorial Research Paper Competition.
- An article can be authored by a maximum of two students.
- Entries must be in English only.
- Participation is restricted to students enrolled in undergraduate courses in Law, Accountancy, Commerce and Taxation.
- Participants must also submit a short bio- data mentioning their full name, college name, contact number, email and postal address.
- The research article must comprise of not less than 7500 words and not more than 10000 words including footnotes.
- The following content specifications shall be strictly adhered to:
- The research article should be typed on A4 size paper.
- Body Font and Size: Times New Roman, 12.
- Line Spacing: DoubleSpace.
- Footnotes Font and Size: Times New Roman, 10.
- Line Spacing: 1.0.
- Alignment (Body & Footnotes): Justified.
- Margin: 1 inch on all 4sides.
- Citation Method: The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation, Harvard Law Review, 20th edition.
- A separate page for bibliography indicating all the articles, books, references, websites etc. referred to, should be added at the end of the article.
- Participants must email a copy of their entry as an MS Word document and as a PDF to email@example.com or before 1st March, 2022 by 23:59 Hours.
- The subject of the mail shall be “Entries for VSS Research Paper”.
- Copyrights of all authors are respected, but the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
- will not be responsible for any infringement of the same.
- MARKING CRITERIA:
a. Each research article will be marked for a total of 100 marks.
b. The criteria for judging and the weightage given to every judging criterion are reproduced in the table below:
|1.||STRUCTURE OF THE ARTICLE||20|
|2.||INGENUITY OF IDEAS||15|
|5.||USE OF AUTHORITIES||20|
- The decision of the judges shall be final.
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS:
- The results shall be posted on our website http://www.krrtaxmoot.com/on 4th March 2022.
- The Winner of the Best Research Article will be felicitated at the Valedictory of the 12th
K.R Ramamani Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2022 to be held on 6
March, 2022 at the Perungudi Campus of School of Excellence in Law, the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai- 600 113.
- If the winner chooses to come to the campus on the stipulated date, accommodation and food will be provided from the night of 5th March 2022 to the night of 6th March, 2022 by the Organizing Committee.
- Cash prize of Rs. 20,000/- shall be awarded to the best research paper.
- E-Certificates of Participation will be issued to each of the participants.
a. For the purpose of this competition, each article shall be the original work of the
participants. Any article found to be a copied work from any other original work will be
b. The article should not have been submitted to any other competition and/ or should not
have been published earlier.
c. All entries shall be deemed to be the property of the association which reserves the right
of publication of the same.
d. If there arises any situation that is not contemplated in the Rules, the organizers decision
on the same shall be final.
e. The organizers reserve their right to vary, alter, modify or repeal any of the above rules if
so required and as they deem appropriate.
f. The authors should not send the papers for publication to any magazine, paper etc.
without the prior consent of the organizers.
7. INTERPRETATION OF RULES AND REGULATIONS:
a. All interpretations, as well as any waivers, consents, or other decisions in the
administration of the Competition is at the complete discretion of the Host Institution and
the Organizing Committee.
b. Any decision made by the Host Institution or the Organizing Committee shall be final and
binding on all participating teams.
8. TOPIC FOR THE RESEARCH PAPER:
The topic(s) for the Research Paper is/are:
Analysis and impact of MLI’s (Multi-lateral Instruments) on India’s international taxation regime.
Analysis of recent constitutional challenge(s) across India of S.148 notices issued after 1.4.2021 under erstwhile reassessment regime.
- POINT OF CONTACT:
|Ms. Harshini Ranganathan (Vice President- Moot Court Association, School of Excellence in Law)||+91 6385113370|
- IMPORTANT DATES:
|Last date for submission of soft copy||1st March 2022|
|Announcement of Results||4th March 2022|
|Felicitation of Winners||6th March 2022|
VS Sundaram Research Paper brochure: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x4QRuOWa_MK9TY_qM8LanPKE2YSOmsm5/view?usp=sharing